Terms & Conditions
Thank you for booking with Spike Island, we look forward to welcoming you.
Terms and Conditions:
By purchasing tickets for Spike Island ®, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by and subject to the following Terms and Conditions, and have read and agree to the use of the information you provide us with.
- The management reserves the right at all times to refuse admission.
- Please check in at the ticket office at the bottom of the pier on arrival, as your tickets will need to be redeemed before getting on the ferry.
- Visitors must report to the ferry departure point at least 10 minutes before their scheduled departure time. Refunds or alternative sailing times cannot be issued for late arrivals under any circumstances in line with all concerts, events, flights and ticket based capacity limited attractions.
- It may be neccessary for some passengers to sit outside during the sailing. With this in mind we ask that all passengers dress appropriately for the weather on the day.
- Spike Island has received the Failte Ireland Covid safety charter.
- All ferries will run at 100% capacity.
- Once your tickets have been purchased, the ticket is non-changeable and non-refundable except at the absolute discretion of Spike Island ®. No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of sailing time.
- All prices are quoted in Euro. Whilst we reserve the right to increase or decrease our prices at any time before you book, once your booking is confirmed the price of your booking as stated in the confirmation email will not be altered.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that Spike Island ® and all of its exhibits/displays are open for use by visitors during normal opening hours. However the management reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise and with or without prior notice, to close any specific exhibit or the entire island as deemed necessary. In the event of the closure of a single exhibit, there is no eligibility for a refund or partial discount. In the event of a total closure, Spike Island ® will refund any visitor the cost of his or her prepaid ticket if it impacts your visit. Otherwise Spike Island ® shall have no liability whatsoever, including no liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses in respect of any unforeseen closure.
- From time to time, Spike Island ® or other authorised third parties may carry out photography or other recording at the venue and any images or recordings may feature visitors. Visitors consent to the use of such images in connection with advertising, promotions or monitoring and acknowledge that the copyright in such images rests with Spike Island ® and/or any authorised third party.
- Only food and beverages purchased from Spike Island ® may be consumed in the island cafe. Visitors may bring their own picnics or snacks to the island to eat outside, and school tours can bring pre-packed lunch with space reserved inside by pre-booking.
- Spike Island ® is suitable for visitors under 18 years of age. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or above whilst visiting. Some events (After Dark, Cinema Club), can have age specific screenings or content, and it is the visitors responsibility to check this when booking. No refunds will be offered for incorrectly purchased tickets.
- Pets or animals (with the exception of certified guide dogs and hearing dogs) are expressly prohibited on Spike Island ® and its ferry.
- Strictly no alcohol permitted, and persons suspected of having taken alcohol will be refused entry to the boat.
- Weather: There are no refunds or changes of tour time for bad weather. Refunds are only issued if the tour is cancelled by Spike Island. In the unlikely event of a cancellation you will be emailed, please check your email for this. Refunds in this scenario are automatic.
- Anyone unable to travel due to bad weather in their area is not entitled to a refund or change of date.
- Visitors are advised to dress for the conditions. There are several internal interpreted spaces, but the walk from the pier to the fort is outside and to enjoy the island walks, come prepared.
- The ferry is wheelchair accessible however there is a steep incline to Fort Mitchell and 3 of the 11 attractions are inaccesible for wheelchairs. Please email or call us to advise if attending in a wheelchair so we can make your visit more comfortable.
- In the event of a medical emergency of a serious nature, in the first instance always call 112 or 999 and make clear your location on Spike Island, which is only reached by sea or air. Then attempt to have someone in your party contact a member of staff. Staff are located at the fort entrance area, which is marked on your map.
TWLIGHT TOUR / AFTER DARK TOUR
1. Spike Island reserves the right to refuse entry to any persons to these events who has or is suspected of consuming alcohol prior to the tour.
2. Spike Island can immediately remove from a tour any person who has brought alcohol onto the island, confiscate the offending items, and without refund remove them from the island.
3. There are no refunds for late arrivals or for any other reason, and no option to swap ticket to another tour.
4. Tickets may be passed to another person for use.
5. No food may be taken to the island to be consumed other than soft drinks / water / coffee. Products may be purchased on the island at these events.
1. School tours are asked to email email@example.com or contact us via the number on the website, so that we can prepare a suitable tour.
2. Visits starting at 9.30am and 10.30am will return at 12.30pm and 1.30pm.
3. For all tour formats there will be times of the visit which will be unguided, and the care of the students is the responsibility of the teachers and guardians present. Unguided times will be communicated to each school on arrival.
4. Schools must present themselves at the pier at least 15 minutes prior to the departure time, to allow time for boarding. In the event of a late arrival Spike Island cannot guaranteed that the boat can wait, or that space will be available on a later sailing.
5. Should a school arrive late and so start the tour later, the full price is still applicable.
6. Schools may bring packed lunch or pre-arrange an order with our cafe.
7. The teachers and guardians of each school are fully responsible for the safety and conduct of their pupils on the Spike Island ferry.
ALL VISITOR CONDUCT
Spike Island ® reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry on to or remove from its premises or the vicinity any person who:-
1. Any person who may pose a threat to any visitor or staff may not be admitted.
2. Is behaving in a manner, which, in the opinion of Spike Island ® has, or is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors, cause annoyance to other visitors, behaving in such a way as to cause danger or distress to others or damage the property;
3. Has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace;
4. Is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or other substances;
5. In addition to the foregoing, where a person has caused damage he/she must meet any expenses incurred as a result of such behaviour;
6. All persons entering Spike Island ® must pay for admission. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by any employee or agent of Spike Island ® . The ticket must be shown to gain access to the ferry to and from the island.
7. In accordance with Irish Law, smoking is strictly prohibited within any building on Spike Island ® Should smokers wish to smoke outside they must do so in a way that does not impact other visitors, and the used cigerette must be placed in a dedicated bin or the user will be suject to a €100 fine.
8. Spike Island ® reserves the right to prosecute any persons found damaging or defacing any part of the premises.
9. Spike Island ® values the safety and comfort of our visitors above all. To protect visitors and staff, visitors and their belongings may be subject to a security screening before gaining entry to the ferry. Please review basic information about security screening and prohibited items below. We appreciate your patience and understanding of these procedures. The list below is not exhaustive and is subject to change and amendment at any stage.
10. Prohibited Items:
o ALL weapons, including: firearms, knives, machetes and flick knives, any items deemed dangerous, any dual-use items that could be dangerous. Pepper spray is considered a fire arm in Ireland and it is therefore illegal to have in your possession.
o All such items, if found during a search, will be confiscated and handed over to the Gardaí.
o Scissors, sharp instruments and tools are also prohibited and will be confiscated.
o Large packages, suitcases, carry-on luggage and other large parcels are discouraged.
11. DO NOT leave items/bags unattended at any time.
If for some reason you are unhappy with any aspect of your booking or your visit with us, we ask that you contact us by phone at 021-2373455 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Office hours are 10am - 3.30pm (Mon - Fri).
Enjoy your visit.